Lead DevOps Engineer - Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Ignite Digital Talent
Lead DevOps Engineer/DevOps Manager/Senior DevOps Engineer - Azure, docker, kubernetes/AKS
6 month contract
We are looking for an experienced Lead DevOps Engineer to help establish and lead a new & growing DevOps function for a leading fintech and SaaS platform provider.
You will be responsible for:
- Establishing and shaping a DevOps team
- Helping the team building and deploying microservices
- Establishing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps and the build of client environments in Microsoft Azure.
- Preparing release plans and executing releases into Dev/SIT/UAT/Pre-Prod and Production environments.
- Automating the activities in the CI/CD and deployment pipelines.
- Establishing a culture of continuous improvement with the collaboration, mentoring, and coaching of less experienced staff.
- Constantly challenge existing practices and processes and suggest improvements. Developing, implementing, and sharing best practice.
- Encourage the relentless improvement' approach to automate everything
Ideally you will have strong experience in many of the following areas:
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Exposure to migrations from classic data centres to Azure Cloud
- Experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build auto- scaling infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of Git/Bitbucket
- Knowledge of terraform or Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service Products would be highly desirable
All interviews and onboarding will be conducted remotely and swift feedback and decisions can be provided. The role will be based remotely until June but may then require 2 days per week in the office.
Ignite Digital Talent are committed to creating equal opportunities, and welcome job applications from all who are qualified and eligible to working in the UK, regardless of colour, ethnic or national origin, race, gender, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, marital status or family circumstances.