Full Stack Developer
Posted on Mar 27, 2021 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, an international Swiss Bank, we are currently looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer (Java and Oracle Application Development) for a project in their offices in Ticino, Switzerland.
Location: Belinzona or Lamone (Candidate's Choice)
Contract Duration: 12 months (extension intended)
Start: April, Mai or June (flexibility is given)
Languages: Fluency in English (Business Level)
Overview of business area:
The team is looking for an experienced full stack developer to join the 3rd Level and Development team. They will work across a variety of applications and technologies. We are looking for a candidate with strong Java, Oracle databases, C++, Sybase, Python and Unix/Linux skills to enhance/refactor components as per business requirement and to align it with target architecture.
The candidate will join the world distributed team already developing and supporting the application landscape.
Be a part of the Technology division handling:
- Development(50%) and 3rd Level Support (50%) for UAT and Production providing support to 1/2nd Level Support in User requests, Incidents and Major Incidents between Singapore, India, UK and CH.
- Development Activities, working on various project deliveries based on CH scope and demand.
- Developing new functions and optimization with functional improvements as main focus in terms of optimizations for business side rather than technical optimizations.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in Swiss Rules and policies related to development and support of applications.
- Candidate will be part of the global team that owns the platform, supporting in multiple applications.
- An opportunity to work with best-in-class technology focused people working on mission-critical application development.
- Design and implement highly scalable, adaptable and efficient software solutions while taking into account prevailing constraints and the future strategic direction of IT.
Overview of the department:
- As part of the Credit Risk IT Team, we responsible for calculating and monitoring counterparty Credit Risk for all Credit Suisse counterparties.
- The team is looking for a developer with strong Java skills and database (Sybase/Oracle) skills to build and maintain calculation models for the risk system.
- The suitable candidate with background in application development preferred. The development team is based in London, Poland, Singapore, India and Switzerland.
- The CH Ticino team is around 10 people covering 3rd Level and Development for the majority of CR IB Applications, the team it split between the Bellinzona and Lamone office.
- The person will become a key SME in one of the supported applications with full ownership of the tasks at hand including analysis and coordination with business side.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- A full stack developer with 7+ years of experience (application development)
- Minimum of 4 years of DB development experience (Oracle is mandatory other DBMS are nice to have)
- Minimum 3 years of Java experience
- Experience in Unix/Linux server environment
- Demonstrable experience of good OO design and programming
- Experience of working in agile projects/team
- Experience with all phases of the systems development life cycle
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills
- Mentoring experience, especially with developers in different locations
- Nice to have C++ experience
- Experience in handling large amounts of data (50+ TB)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Awareness of test-driven/behavior driven development and design
- Experience in DevOps/Cloud/Automation
- Experience in python
- Experience in 3rd Level Support
- Strong communication skills