Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by Tilhill
Not Specified, United Kingdom
Location: Field Based - National Remit
Tilhill has an exciting opportunity for a Carbon Manager to join our CarbonStore Team.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for managing, co-ordinating, and overseeing the Company's carbon management.
Equipped with knowledge of the drivers and mechanics of climate change, sources of greenhouse gases, carbon and energy, you will identify, monitor and measure sources of carbon within the Company. You will take the lead role in analysing the Group's carbon footprint and implement other carbon management measures such as carbon reduction, trading and offsetting, developing and managing carbon accounting systems and supporting the delivery of carbon reduction projects.
You will also be responsible for liaising with businesses and landowners looking to sell their Woodland Carbon Units with companies keen to offset their carbon emissions.
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally, we are looking for the following skills and experience:
• Relevant professional qualification in forestry or other land-based industry, energy engineering, renewables or environmental science.
• Carbon Management IEMA certification is desirable.
• Keen interest in climate change, energy and carbon.
• Strong commercial acumen.
• Proven experience in carbon management: carbon footprinting, trading and offsetting.
• At least 5 years' operational experience in a senior management position.
• Strong people management and leadership skills.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Driving licence.
In return, we offer an attractive salary and benefits package, plus the exciting prospect of being welcomed into a talented and well-motivated team, together with a first class opportunities for personal and career development in a truly national and integrated company.
Interested? To apply, email your CV and cover letter to - - clearly stating the position you are applying for.
Closing Date: 9th April 2021
The Company's Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at
Tilhill is an Equal Opportunities Employer