Bus Technology Officer
Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by Mcgills
Paisley, Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
McGill's Bus Service Ltd are Scotland's largest privately owned Bus Company and employ around 800 employees within 4 locations based at Johnstone, Inchinnan, Greenock and Coatbridge Bus Depots.
We currently have a position for a Bus Technology Officer, reporting to the Operations Director. This role is based at our Head Office, Greenock, however due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate will be required to work at all depot locations.
To provide day to day support of various On Bus Systems including maintenance and health check reporting including . . .
• Ticket machine estate
• Bus Destination Screens
• On Bus USB charge points
• On bus telematics system
• On bus passenger counting kit
• On bus audio visual kit
• Company phones and mobiles
And working with our I.T. provider and other partners on various systems such as . . .
• WIFI systems, both depot and on bus
• CCTV systems, both depot and on bus
• Company Mobile app
• Company Website
Essential skills and experience
• Strong knowledge of IT
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to liaise and communicate at all levels
• Use own initiative and have a "can do" approach
• Ability to work well under pressure and prioritise workload
• Flexible approach to this widely encompassing role
The successful candidate must be qualified to HND / Degree level, and have a clean car licence.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week working 8 hours a day and a competitive salary is on offer to the successful candidate.
Please email an appropriate covering letter and CV .Apply Online .