Accounts Assistant or Accountant
Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by CV-Library
A small, freindly independant accountancy practice based in central Farnham are seeking a new team member to work with a portfolio of clients within this well-established firm.
Accounts Assistant or Accountant- About the Role
Depending on your experience to date you will be responsible for the full scope of Accounting for a range of clients from Sole traders and Partnerships to Limited companies.
Maintaining sales ledgers and purchase ledgers, reconciling bank statements and producing management accounts as well as statutory accounts.
Utilising various accounting packages prepare clients VAT returns, CIS returns, Personal and Corporation Tax returns.
Assist in the general running of the practice and GDPR and AML compliance matters.
Attending client meetings and working with clients directly.
The successful Accounts Assistant or Accountant will have:
* Accounting qualification such as AAT, qualified or part qualified ACA / ACCA (QBE will also be considered)
* It is anticipated that successful candidate will be an Accountant / Accounts Assistant with recent UK based experience in an Accountancy or Outsourcing Firm.
* In order to be considered for the Accountant role and the top end of the salary banding you will be ACA or ACCA qualified.
* You will need to demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills, but more importantly enjoying working with small businesses and in a team environment.
* Excellent eye for detail
* Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Accounts Assistant / Accountant – Benefits
Benefits include a great Town Centre location & friendly team to work with.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)