Python Developer - AWS and Containerization (REMOTE)
Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Python Developer with AWS and containerization
Salary: $75k to $125k
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
Looking for a candidate with very strong Python/Bash and a plus would be AWS/Container experience. Any security experience is a plus as you will learn the security area.
- Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
- Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility.
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform.
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg: Puppet, Shell Scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- 2+ years experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Very strong in Python, bash or similar.
- Experience integrating with native AWS services
- Proficient in automation and deploying CI and CD tools and services is a plus
- Hands on experience with containers (preferably: Docker) is a plus
- Experience with Container scanning tools( Ex: Twistlock) is a plus
- Knowledge of networking, IAM, public cloud, enterprise logging, SIEM, API Management, containerization and security assessment tools/methodologies is a plus
- Require strong automation and Scripting skills. Python and Linux Shell.