SQL Database Administrator/12+ Month Contract
Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this straight 12+ month contract role, no 3rd party candidates will be considered*
Prestigious Global Firm is currently seeking a SQL Database Administrator for a 12+ Month Contract remote role.
- Support, administer, and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application engineers, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Troubleshoot server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data.
- Adhere to the IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting, configuration, and integration documentation for administered systems.
- Function as a primary or backup DBA for assigned applications. Have a working knowledge of all database applications.
- Work with server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
Minimum 5 years of experience of Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
Database administration experience with SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
Proficiency with Transact-SQL including the ability to write, debug, and maintain scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views.
Experience configuring and maintaining replication, log shipping, and availability groups.
Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on virtual machines.
Experience developing SSIS packages.
Experience optimizing and administering SSRS reports.
A solid understanding of normalized database design and modelling.
Ability to set and meet deadlines.
Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
Excellent attention to detail.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and documentation.
A working knowledge of Idera, RedGate, and SentryOne database tools.
Proficiency with PowerShell Scripting