Lead IP Network Designer/Architect - IP/BGP/MPLS
Posted on Mar 25, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
Lead IP Network Designer/Architect
Flint is currently looking for a Lead IP network designer/architect to join our ever expanding Managed Services team.
The role is Lead IP Network Designer/architect working on one of our client's UK's IP Networks.
The role will involve a wide variety of IP Networking projects and include:
Maintaining hardware, and software to comply with vendor support contracts and our client's UK design policies.
Maintaining network capacity to support our client's traffic forecasts.
Integration of new services onto the network.
Production of design documentation, test cases, and implementation plans to ensure our networks deliver excellent customer experience whilst retaining a focus on cost effectiveness and delivery timescales.
Providing support to test and implementation staff.
Supporting service migrations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor the performance of the network against KPIs, and to produce technical plans to maintain performance in a changing environment.
- Maintain the existing network standardisation policies, and where necessary proposal of new ones.
- Supporting the evaluation of vendor software release notes, bug reports, and security advisories.
- Production of routing designs for the to meet agreed service targets and resilience levels.
- Production of designs to enable service migrations.
- Supporting requirements capture, testing and implementation activities. This will require the production and agreement of requirement documentation, test cases and implementation plans.
- Liaising with equipment suppliers to confirm design assumptions, resolve operational performance issues requiring design changes, and attendance of vendor Technical Review Meetings.
- Ensure designs meet requirements relating to Architecture, Legal/Regulatory, Data Protection, and Security.
- Ensure all documentation is peer reviewed, including the review of other design engineers' documents.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following Essential skills and knowledge:
- Cisco Certification (eg CCIE)
- Experience of using Python for Network Automation
- Juniper Certification (eg JNCIE, JNCIP, JNCIS, JNCDS)
- Experience in the areas of IP, MPLS, BGP network design in a service provider environment.
- A thorough understanding of IP, BGP, MPLS and associated protocols and features.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and Juniper Core networking technologies including Cisco CRS/ASR/7600 and Juniper MX/PTX family platforms.
- Understanding of Telecommunications Transmission Systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required for presenting complex technical concepts.
- Good experience of Change Control Processes
- Experience of working within a mobile network operator environment.
- Experience of working with session enablement and management technologies such as RADIUS, IP QoS, and DNS.
- Experience in the areas of IP, MPLS, BGP network build and support in a service provider environment.
- Flexibility to support some out of hours network changes.
- Collaboration and solution leadership skills
Travel to attend meetings at client offices in London, Slough, and Leeds, and on occasions other locations in the UK when required.