Lead Data Modeller - Logical Data Model and Data Management
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Source Technology
Role: Set Up Logical Data Model and Data Management
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months + option to extend
Sector: Financial Services (Financial Services Experiene is a MUST HAVE)
Screening: Security Screening for Financial Services
SGI recently hosted a series of webinars, 'tech talks' in which the central theme was the collaboration between IT and the business. That is exactly what this project and role are all about.
Within our client, a technology driven company, several teams are working on multiple products, all using data and probably all using it slightly differently. Modelling it differently, storing it differently, managing it differently.
To create order and structure an opportunity has arisen for an experienced data professional to join on an initial 6 month basis (plus option to extend) to set up a logical data model, data definitions and data taxonomy.
In this role you will work closely with the Senior Enterprise Data Architect and CDO, familiarize yourself with the business and various teams in different locations, define the data policy and be the driving factor behind master data management within the organisation.
You will create data models and standards. By speaking regularly with all the domain teams you ensure that these standards are met as well as are addressed by the platform teams. This way you support the shift towards domain data as a product.
- a strong communicator who flourishes in positions where you can form the bridge between several teams and create unity
- you can think in concepts and dream up Datamodelling solutions
- you have a deep understanding of UML and ER Datamodelling
- have previous experience within financial services
- are comfortable in coaching others on effective Datamodelling and know concepts from DAMA or DCAM and other similar frameworks
- very passionate about bringing structure within a data landscape so it can truly flourish
Plus points for candidates:
- with experience in Erwin or Sparx
- experience of standards such as FIX, FIBO or FpML