SQL Database Administrator
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a SQL Database Administrator. This is a remote contract opportunity that will last for 12months +. They need a SQL DBA that has experience with SQL 2017, 2017, and 2019. They need to be proficiency with Transact-SQL including the ability to write, debug, and maintain scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views. Also needed is experience with SSIS and SSRS.
- Support, administer, and maintain development, test, and production environments.
- Work with project teams comprised of project managers, developers, application vendors, application engineers, and application users to provide DBA support for database deployments and upgrades.
- Create and maintain SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Review, deploy, and administer security for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
- Troubleshoot server and database performance problems and identify solutions to resolve the problems.
- Administer SQL Server security and protect sensitive data.
- Adhere to the Firm's IT Service Delivery standards and Change Control processes.
- Adhere to the Firm's Security and Governance requirements across all administered applications.
- Develop and maintain troubleshooting, configuration, and integration documentation for administered systems.
- Function as a primary or backup DBA for assigned applications. Have a working knowledge of all database applications.
- Work with server engineers, storage engineers, and network engineers to resolve issues and prevent downtime.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
- Database administration experience with SQL Server 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019.
- Proficiency with Transact-SQL including the ability to write, debug, and maintain scripts, stored procedures, functions, and views.
- Experience configuring and maintaining replication, log shipping, and availability groups.
- Experience installing and configuring SQL Server on virtual machines.
- Experience developing SSIS packages.
- Experience optimizing and administering SSRS reports.
- A solid understanding of normalized database design and modelling.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing and documentation.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.