Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Alpha Construction
About the role
Our Pre-construction team is expanding! Due to continued growth, we are looking to add further support to our Head Office team based in Derby.
As part of the Commercial Department you will work alongside the other team members to successfully secure a variety of projects. You will be responsible for all aspects tendering including quantification, contract & tender documentation review, tender negotiations, subcontract and supplier pricing.
Your role will involve:
- Reviewing and analysis of tender documentation
- Taking-off and production of estimate documentation in accordance with standard methods of measurement (typically CESSM3 or SMM7)
- Pricing of estimates
- Production of tender programmes
- Subcontractor and supplier enquiries, quotation analysis and negotiations
- Site visits and assessments.
- Attendance of pre and post award client meetings and negotiations
- Production of tender handover and tender analysis documentation to project team post award.
What we are looking for
- Degree in (or working towards) Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Civil engineering, Construction or Building tendering experience
- Computer literate with competency in Microsoft packages.
- Commercial and contractual awareness, used to working with different clients, forms of contracts and methods of measurement.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active positive attitude.
- Good at self-management in time and prioritising workload, able to use initiative to solve and avoid problems.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Full UK Driving Licence
We offer a competitive salary, along with the provision of a company car or car allowance, staff pension, generous holiday allowance, and other company benefits.
Why work for us
The key to our success has been our commitment to meeting the ever-changing demands expected of our industry through continuous improvement in our performance and our products. We embrace best practice and achieve from it safer sites, client satisfaction, a happy and healthy workforce and a reduced environmental impact.
Our employees are essential to make this happen, and as such we have created a positive culture of continuous development and progression opportunity for all who work for us. Most of our employees have been part of the Alpha family for the majority of their careers, and due to continued growth our teams of long standing employees will only get bigger!
We are proud of our work force and have excellent relationships with our clients and sub-contractors leading to positive and productive outputs. We strive to make sure we provide our employees with a sense of satisfaction from their work and recognise achievement from all.
About Alpha Construction
Alpha Construction Ltd is a civil engineering and building contractor, formed in 1982, focused on providing safe, sustainable, cost effective solutions to clients across the UK.
The ability to work with our clients to offer innovative, high quality, cost effective solutions for their projects contributes to us building long lasting relationships and repeat business. Our level of customer focus together with a trained, professional workforce puts us ahead of many of our competitors. In celebrating over 37 years of trading we take great pride in being a local contractor with a national identity undertaking projects for major businesses and organisations across the country.