IT Project Manager
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
My client is seeking an IT Project Manager primarily to manage a portfolio of projects for our retail and online applications requirements. The Project Manager is expected to take responsibility for managing teams that will design and create fast, secure, reliable and highly usable applications. The role will involve working with teams of design, development, infrastructure, architect, database specialists and testers. He/she will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with management to understand the business requirement for the projects, developing effective working relationships and ongoing management processes for the project.
- Work across the whole development department to lead the project team and ensure that all development projects are delivered within the timescales and to the quality expected.
- Define and manage changes in the project scope, goals and deliverables, resource requirements and work plan for the projects, managing project dependencies, critical path and success criteria.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Ensure that the project is delivered within the financial requirements and the expected timeframe of the business.
- Drive industry leading standards and best practices across all projects, using appropriate tools where required.
- Manage, monitor and motivate the cross functional team assigned to the project, including internal team members, external consultant and suppliers.
- All reporting, including project progress, risks & issues analysis, Ad-hoc reporting
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years' experience as a Change Project Manager within an IT department.
- A proven track record of successful project delivery within the Web and mobile development space.
- Experience of an online environment within a 24/7 business.
- Team management experience.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, gained within complex enterprise environments.
- Experienced using MS Project, TFS, Visio, Jira and similar project management tools.
- Ability to select and apply most appropriate project methodology to the situation.
- The ability to foster motivation within the project team to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions.
- Additional hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£451 - £632 Daily
£58.7k - £67.8k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£433 - £455 Daily
£429 - £451 Daily
£55k - £65k Annual
£429 - £451 Daily
£429 - £451 Daily
£451 - £542 Daily