Senior Research Officer Downstream
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Our client, global biotechnology company has a new opportunity for a Research officer to join a busy team to support activities in Downstream Processing for new antibodies and bi/multispecific antibodies.
The role is permanent and base in French part of Switzerland.
* Develop downstream processes for new drug candidates in preclinical development
* Manage and support activities of already existing programs with potential changes to the process or other related late phase activities;
* Design and individually interpret complex lab experiments by applying advanced scientific knowledge and appropriate statistical tools to achieve project goals;
* Design, execute and report results for viral clearance validation studies;
* Act as subject matter expert of the process, able to support MSAT teams;
* Lead development projects and represent the Downstream Process Development group in a CMC Matrix organization;
* Actively maintain knowledge and exposure to current state-of-the-art developments in the industry;
* Independently engage in the introduction and implementation of new DSP technologies compatible with manufacturing system;
* Present scientific results' summary within the team or with other stake holders during eg project meeting, in English;
* Participate in lab management activities in order to keep the lab operational at all time;
EDUCATION AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
* PhD or MSc of chemical engineering, biotechnology or related field with at least 3 years of relevant experience
* Proven knowledge in DoE as well as statistical data analysis
* Hands-on experience in downstream process development, process characterization and late phase development
* Scientific curiosity along with active and independent problem-solving capabilities; ability to think out of the box and propose new ideas
* Excellent organization and planning skills
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.