Senior Delivery Manager
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by CV-Library
Vitality, Senior Delivery Manager - VitalityCar, Bournemouth, £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We’re the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we’re out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you’ll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It’s what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As our Senior Delivery Manager, you’ll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme – Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Amazon Prime, Champneys Spa days, Rakuten TV and half-price gym memberships to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
As our Senior Delivery Manager, you will oversee the software development function for a suite of applications and products, bringing best practices to continuously improve the quality of work delivered through improved processes, standards and tools used for software delivery. You will work with Product and Operations to set up and evolve a continuous integration delivery approach, as well as providing expertise, technical authority and guidance whilst taking active ownership for the quality of development teams' work.
Your role as our Senior Delivery Manager will involve:
- Advocating quality through the use of best practice techniques and tools for development teams
- Delivering against Product Plans that are aligned with the Group Architecture and Design Authority
- Providing forecast sprint plans of scope and time for project and product enhancements, with progress reporting through burn up charts
- Ensuring all sprint ceremonies are appropriately represented by the Dev team to achieve outcomes
- Encouraging technical collaboration across software development teams
- Supporting development managers in managing complex environments and projects across various technology stacks
- Embedding a culture of agile working and continuous improvement across developers and testers
- Ensuring delivery of solutions using defined toolsets and standards for development, testing and CI/CD
- Working with Head of Healthcare Systems and Head of Digital Product to identify key partners to provide technical skills/capabilities and capacity as needed to support the delivery of work
- Managing the creation and execution of an automated release pipeline to move tested code through to deployment
- Working with IT MANCO to understand strategic objectives and align delivery to the strategies
- Working with the DevOps Manager/Test Lead to ensure there is a holistic plan for continuous integration and deployment
Our ideal Senior Delivery Manager will have:
- A track record of successfully delivering large or complex products/projects, with significant software development components through the full lifecycle by managing a number of diverse teams
- Proven ability in leading, managing and growing development teams, developing good practices and driving continuous improvement in performance
- Knowledge of design and architecture concepts and the ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
- An understanding of engineering principles and the application and execution within an insurance environment
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices including BDD, TDD, continuous delivery and integration, and full automation
- An understanding of agile development principles
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Senior Delivery Manager, then please click ‘apply’ today
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£55k - £60k Annual
£90k - £100k Annual
£85k - £110k Annual