AWS Python Container Engineer
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Possible Remote role for qualified candidate*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an AWS Python Container Engineer. Candidate will work independently and with team members to plan and deliver specific functionality for the company's secure AWS/Cloud environment.
- Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT, etc.), including branching and merging strategies.
- Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform.
- Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg: Puppet, Shell Scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Strong in Python
- Experience integrating with native AWS services (CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, EC2, EKS, ECR, S3).
- Proficient in automation and deploying CI and CD tools and services (Jenkins Pipeline as Code, Git, Maven).
- Hands on experience with containers (preferably: Docker)
- Experience with Container scanning tools( Ex: Twistlock)
- Hands on experience building solutions with tools and services like AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or custom build orchestration tools leveraging SDKs or directly interacting with APIs.
- Experience working one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, or Node.js.
- Ability to infuse security into CI/CD process with ease to promote innovation.
- Knowledge of networking, IAM, public cloud, enterprise logging, SIEM, API Management, containerization and security assessment tools/methodologies.
- Require strong automation and Scripting skills. Python and Linux Shell.
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with IAM related protocols such as SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
- Experience in designing and hands-on on directories, such as, Active Directory and any other LDAP compliant directory.
- Familiar with protocols such as, OIDC, OAuth 2, SAML.
- Familiar with container and orchestration.
- Understanding of the cyber threat landscape and methodologies to protect technology assets.
- Ability to facilitate communications to business stakeholders and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Exceptional experience influencing collaborating and negotiating positive outcomes across stakeholders in highly matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate or AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate preferred.