Linux/Cloud SRE Engineer IV w/Kubernetes and Python (REMOTE)
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Salary: $120k flex $125kish plus bonus 7%
Location: Mountainview, CA/Remote
Looking for a candidate that has linux, cloud, devops, CI/CD, Kubernetes and Python. Key is experience deploying cloud applications into Kubernetes, cloud infrastructure implementation of CICD pipeline, automation cloud infrastructure,Linux systems administration, Azure AWS or GCP and Python. 8 years experience
- Define and implement CI/CD pipelines.
- Automate delivery of platform services using infrastructure-as-a-code. Build self-service playbooks for platform which can be consumed across globally distributed teams.
- Define and implement incident response management process, deploy necessary tools.
- Fix support and escalation issues.
- Conduct post-incident reviews.
- Collaborate with application and business stakeholders to ensure high-quality product is developed and deployed in production. Work diligently with other engineering teams to ratify release processes necessary to meet business goals.
- Drive continuous improvement process
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Expert knowledge of one of the major public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Hands-on programming experience in Python or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Expert knowledge of Infrastructure and Application Monitoring tools: Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, etc
- Experience implementing IaC concepts using Terraform, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Kibana
- Experience administering Databases
- Expert in Linux administration.
- Expert knowledge of Docker, Helm.
- Experience implementing CI/CD for cloud native applications.
- Experience with deploying applications that utilize Service Mesh
- Experience administering Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience defining and implementing incident response management processes.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; may consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- 8+ years' experience in software engineering with a degree; 12+ years' experience in software engineering in lieu of a degree