Grant Writing Internship
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland
Catholic Charities, Migration and Refugee Services (MRS) is currently accepting applications for our 2021 Fall Semester Grant-Writing Internship. As a grant-writing intern for MRS, your primary responsibility will be to assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests. Interns should be capable of researching funding opportunities within fixed guidelines, initiating and maintaining contact with foundations and writing grants for eligible funding. This would require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing in conjunction with faculty, staff and volunteers. Accurate and timely production of final proposals
- Initiate and maintain relationships with grantors. Track and document communications
- Assist with updating and maintaining MRS donor database
- Research potential major donor prospects
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- Internship Hours: 12 hours/week
- Timeframe and Schedule: Flexible from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The internship is unpaid, but there will be opportunities for networking and professional development.
Education: Junior, Senior, graduate student or recent graduate from an accredited university.
Experience: Previous experience in research and/or grant writing preferred. Understanding of or prior work/volunteer experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
Skills/Abilities: The qualified candidate will have excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, phone and organizational skills. Ideal candidates will also be flexible team players, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, excellent phone manner and communication skills, ability to prioritize and work well under deadline. Computer aptitude and Microsoft Office experience required. Successful candidate must pass B.C.I. background check.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Supervising Attorney Adriana Coppola, at (see below) with the subject Summer Grant-Writing Internship. Writing samples are not required with the initial application, but may be requested at the interview stage. The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, April 2, 2021.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$19.5k - $31.2k Annual