Lead Data Scientist - Greenfield Project
Posted on Mar 24, 2021 by Optima Connections
Tags: Data Science scikit-learn, TensorFlow, Pytorch, Apache Spark, NumPy, predictive modelling, artificial intelligence, clustering, Statistics, raw data, Tableau, Data Visualisation classification techniques, algorithms, MySQL, Python & Matlab.
The client, a data driven E-commerce company are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to design & Implement the road map of their greenfield Data Science platform. The role is both Technically hands on with highly analytical & innovative approach.
These guys are on a great journey and looking to become Data-Centric across their business making this a very exciting opportunity. Being the Lead Data Scientist, you will be working directly with the CEO, shaping the strategy for data usage within the business and your output will shape the future direction of the company's business and technology.
The company's mission is to create an online destination that redefines how consumers buy and sell products in the pre-owned and vintage markets.
Develop predictive models to forecast future demand. Using market and customer data to provide actionable insights you will improve sourcing, merchandising, pricing, and operational decision making. Working on new ways to make the most of the data, you will produce dashboards and present your findings to senior management. You will have deep understanding of predictive modelling, machine-learning, clustering, classification techniques and algorithms, as well as being a highly analytical and metrics driven individual.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience with identifying, selecting, and manipulating large data sets.
- Strong creative problem solving and adaptability.
- Experienced in communicating complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to technical and non-technical individuals.
- Demonstrable experience with mathematical, statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Significant experience in quantitative analytics or data modelling in a commercial environment (Bonus if in a retail, digital, marketing, product, or E-commerce environment)
- Agile environment
- Development courses
- Equity/stock options
- Fast career progression
- WFH opportunities