2nd Line Support Technician
Posted on Mar 23, 2021 by Curve IT
Curve IT are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Support Technician to work as part of our friendly team on our busy helpdesk. You will be looking after a wide and varied client base, providing a professional support service.
Curve IT is a technology and communications company based in central Brighton. Our aim is to deliver impactful IT solutions in a friendly and engaging manner. We specialise in IT consultancy; wireless networking; managed IT services and support. Our portfolio of clients is extensive and diverse, from the world's tallest moving observation tower, British Airways i360, through to the residential developer, Essential Living.
We are rapidly growing company with high aspirations and are looking for people that are enthusiastic and motivated, with a flexible approach and who enjoy achieving team goals.
Aim of the role:
- Providing excellent customer service and support to clients both remotely via phone and email and in-person
- Fault finding and complete resolution of faults on all systems and associated hardware/software as required.
- Maintaining and supporting servers, network devices, desktops, laptops, voip devices, printers and any other IT hardware and software
- Logging all service requests into our Ticketing platform and meeting SLA's
- Managing the lifecycle of incidents and requests, escalating them as appropriate and closing them when the customer is satisfied with the outcome
- Setting up new IT at client sites
- Producting documentation both client facing and in-house
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
Technical Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in IT, ideally within an MSP environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and Server technologies such as virtualization
- Knowledge of desktop Operating Systems, Windows and Apple
- Knowledge of business software applications including MS Office, AV, backup, etc
- Experiance in supporting network devices and knowledge of networking concepts such as VLANs, Firewalls, DNS, DHCP, NAT, Wireless, OSI Model
- Experiance in supporting printers, phones and other business hardware
- Office 365 administration (Sharepoint, OneDrive, Exchange Online, Teams etc)
- Excellent troubleshooting, customer service and timekeeping skills
- Must be able to travel to our office in central Brighton along with occasional travel to client sites in the local area and in London
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£24k - £26k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual