Senior C++ Software Engineer
Posted on Mar 23, 2021 by Focal Point Positioning
FocalPoint Positioning is an exciting start-up, backed by some of the biggest names in the tech industry and we are on a journey to revolutionise the positioning, navigation, and timing of smartphones and vehicles. We have created technologies that have rewritten the textbooks on how GPS works and are looking for talented scientists and engineers to join our team to help bring our products to the world.
Location: Offices in Cambridge & Bristol (remote/office-based)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Type: Permanent - Full-time
Job Reference: FPP/SFE5
Providing Next Generation Positioning Solutions
We believe that GNSS is one of the marvels of the modern world and here at FocalPoint, we are on a journey to revolutionise positioning and navigation for smartphones, wearables and vehicles.
Over a trillion dollars of the US economy and over 800 billion euros of the European economy currently depends on this incredible positioning and timing system. However, the sensitivity and accuracy of current receivers fail the levels of performance 21st century businesses and individuals demand.
Backed by some of the largest names in the global tech industry, our technologies transform the capability of all GNSS systems worldwide.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and excited about the goals of our company. You will join our software engineering team and be involved in all aspects of our development activities, working closely with our GNSS and navigation engineers to deliver products to our customers.
- Take a leading role in the development and testing of software as part of an engineering team
- Take a leading role in our software design, planning and code review processes
- Proactively create relevant documentation
- Take technical responsibility for key engineering activities to enable the development of production quality software.
- Help define, and apply, agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered outcome.
- Provide technical mentorship to other engineers.
- 3+ years experience working as a Software Engineer to deliver software products
- Strong programming skills in C++ including modern C++.
- Experience creating multi-paradigm C++ software designs.
- Experience with modern engineering tools and methods including version control systems and continuous integration systems
- Experience writing software in other languages such as Java or Python
- Experience working in an Agile software engineering team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- Experience of building software in mathematical domains e.g. Digital Signals Processing software
- Knowledge of distributed computing and network protocols
Your Development and Perks:
Your development is equally important as our business grows and we offer opportunities including appraisals, career development plans, training courses, feedback sessions through 1-2-1 meetings, knowledge-sharing and cross-training.
Our generous benefits package includes the following:
- 5% matched contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working (office and remote working to suit your needs)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Extra annual leave between Christmas - New Year's
- BUPA private healthcare
- Access to CharlieHR PerksAtWork
- Company Options Scheme*
- £2000 Recommend a friend scheme
- Office-based Friday lunches on us
- Office-based fruit deliveries and unlimited amounts of caffeine
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Our successes are achievements driven by our employees.
And that is why our culture is about investing, cultivating and growing our people. We thrive on being trailblazers in the industry and in being honest and the best at everything we do, we will always lead the way in the industry.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is what we continue to build upon. We aim to attract diverse talent from around the world, ensure fairness and equality is at the top of our agenda and sustain an inclusive culture where everyone can grow and succeed.