Software Quality Engineer
Posted on Mar 21, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Software Quality Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Misc. Info.: 2 days remote 3 days onsite
Looking for a candidate who came up through Java development then got into customized automation. Must be able to write your own frameworks from scratch. Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, BitBucket, Git, Artifactory, Jira, qTest, Java, C++ C# Python on Linux and Windows.
This position will be responsible for developing, modifying, enhancing and implementing customized automated testing frameworks and tools. Primary focus will be on creating frameworks from scratch and expanding existing automated test case coverage in a continuous integration environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory, Jira, qTest or similar test management software
- Java with experience writing junit or testng test cases
- MySQL, Postgres or Oracle DB
- Network and Messaging protocols
- Web Applications, RESTful Web Services
- Jmeter or similar stress testing applications
- Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of Python or C# a plus
- Use of development process guidelines including Scrum and Kanban
- Deep understanding of core Java programming principles, data structures, framework design, and architecture.
- Create fully automated testcases for projects developed in Java, C++, C#, and Python for both Linux and Windows platforms
- Gather business requirements, translate those requirements into test plans, and create requirements traceability
- Plan/manage/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects; work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals; meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome; allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule; shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities; identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Identify problems and collect relevant information for analysis; apply tools and logic to diagnose and develop theories on possible causes; look for root causes, not just symptoms; use judgment and experience to complement data; develop practical and relevant solutions; seek expertise or escalate problems when appropriate;
- Work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to co-workers; balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in full life cycle software development in a professional environment with focus on QA Automation.
- Experience working in the financial industry preferred
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$105k - $105k Annual