SAP Cloud Tech Lead - Houston, TX
Posted on Mar 21, 2021 by Red - The Global SAP Solutions Provider
SAP Commerce Cloud Technical Lead
US Citizen/Green Cards ONLY
This is a contract to hire position - - client will consider initial remote, however priority is for Contract-to-Hire which will require relocation to Houston
The Technical Lead position is a senior development position in within the SAP Customer Experience Team and supervises the day-to-day activity of the Development Team.
The TL partners functionally within project teams, working under the direction of the Technical Architect and the Project Manager. The TL mentors, coaches and supports the junior members of the development team while collaborating with project leadership.
On projects of smaller size and simple-to-intermediate complexity, the TL can be called upon to perform software development and is expected and required to have and maintain the skills of a Senior Backend Developer (BED) on the platform.
SAP Commerce v. 6.2 or higher. Certification in additional SAP CX components a plus
* Estimating tasks and deciding which user stories can be completed in each sprint.
* Creating and defining tasks in JIRA with sufficient detail for the developer to be able to execute the task - including estimates for hours and deadlines
* Developer Coaching, ensuring each Developer is equipped for success such that: 1) The developer understands the task objectives, requirements, constraints, approach; 2) The developer understands task estimates and deadlines; and 3) The developer understands relevant references and resources provided.
* B.S. Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent Experience
* Minimum recent experience: 6 years web development, 4 years in an eCommerce project and 3 years SAP Commerce Cloud platform.
* Minimum 2 years of recent experience as a Technical Lead or as a senior developer in a leadership role
* Capable of successfully leading Large Size or Complex projects or multiple Small Size or Simple Complexity projects.
* Proficient in core E-commerce functionalities and platform specific customization.
* Proficient understanding of SAP Commerce Cloud specific architecture.
* Proficient in using and managing version control through Git - including planning & creating branches and performing merges.
* Proficient in effectively document complex functionality in code and documentation.
* Ability to lead, enforce, and help define development standards.
* Solid understanding of Object-Oriented concepts and the MVC paradigm.
* Superior problem-solving skills, creative thinking, critical thinking.
* Strong communication skills - verbal and written (documentation, code, email, etc.)
* Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills.
* Self-starter, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to learn and apply new skills quickly.
* Proven track records of the meeting and exceeding goals.
* Proficient in leading & supervising application development teams and leading effective scrum meetings, release planning & management and sprint planning.
* Experienced with automated unit testing frameworks (JUnit, Spock, Selenium)
* Experience with Unix/Linux environments.
* Previous experience with a professional consulting organization preferred
*SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris)
*Java, Spring Core & Spring MVC
*Experience working with Database (such as HANA, MySQL, SQL Server and/or Oracle)
*JUnit framework and/or other Automated Testing Frameworks
*HTML5, CSS3, LESS/SASS
*Angular, React, Vue, SPA/PWA
*Web Services: REST, SOAP
*Web Developer Tools (eg Chrome, Firebug etc.)
*OO A&D, UML & Design Patterns
*Jenkins set up and configuration