Linux Application Supporter - (Python)
Posted on Mar 20, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
Manage the full life cycle of platform tenant applications from a Production Services' point of view, E2E, in a proactive manner, preventing escalations, managing risks and fulfilling the expectations of the application's key stakeholders
Incident and Event Management
- Ensure INC tickets are followed up, also in other queues, based on the right criticality, along the expectations of the user community
- Ensure SINs are sent and setup correctly for the specific tenant application
- Ensure task forces are set up and run if necessary
- Ensure right daily checks are performed
- Ensure specific scheduled events are prepared and executed along expectations (upgrades, scheduled maintenance events, DRs, etc.)
- Ensure problem tickets are opened along our guidelines
- Ensure effective actions are defined and executed before the PRB ticket gets closed
- Ensure RFCs are approved along our guidelines
- Ensure RFCs are implemented appropriately
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
- Prod Support team of 17 individuals, split into Tenant application support and Big Data Platform support team with collaboration across the two teams.
- Well-experienced and sustainable team of 2/3 contractors/managed capacity and 1/3 permanent staff.
- The multi-national team's collaboration and communication is excellent which is key to the success in our challenging and demanding environment.
- The age of the team is average and well balanced with seniors with the team since its foundation, high potentials holding a university agree and the right DNA striving operational excellence paired with a hands on approach.
- The tenant support team mainly focuses on production L2 incident resolution triaging, supporting production release and troubleshooting. We have implemented a SME model where every individual has his/her key subject matters on platform and tenant projects responsible.
- The platform support team mainly focuses on platform related incidents/releases and involves with vendors if needed.
- The background of the people is mainly Big Data Environment Architecture, Development, Infrastructure and Databases.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Working from home could be agreed based on the assigned project portfolio after being fully on-boarded, but the primary workplace remains the office location and home-office allowance can be removed for the whole team if COVID-19 measures are being lifted due to sensitive position.
- The candidate needs to have the right communication skills to manage difficult situations across all hierarchy levels.
- Candidate needs good multitasking as well as prioritizing skills given the highly dynamic environment.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with supporting Linux Systems (min. 3 years), additionally knowledge of Python would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux commands and utilities required to analyze and solve issues related to large Big data clusters (min. 3 years of experience)
- Excellent team player, people coach
- Understanding of Incident Management/Problem Management processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English,
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- German is an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Tableau administration would be an asset
- Knowledge of Micro service Architecture would be an asset
- Experience in an agile environment would be an asset
- Hadoop and Foundry and Oracle, Windows Server 10 experience is a very strong plus
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.