Senior Project Manager
Posted on Mar 20, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
The Senior Project Manager is expected to:
- Agree and deliver a body of work, organised into workstreams to agreed time, cost, quality, risk and benefit profiles, delivered within Shell's standards and controls framework;
- Proactively analyse variances against plan to assess trends threatening agreed scope, time, cost, and quality commitments. Identify signs that project may be at risk and take appropriate action;
- Engage internal and external stakeholders such as users, customers or suppliers to fully benefit from the delivered products, services and changes;
- Develop and execute appropriate change and engagement plans to achieve necessary behaviour changes in order to maximise benefits;
- Align expectations and ensure that the decision-making of stakeholders happen in a timely and effective manner;
- Mobilise and lead teams composed of a mixture of staff and suppliers across organisational boundaries and the natural team. Ensure they have the necessary skills, capacity and experience to achieve the required outcomes;
- Develop the skills of team members through coaching, delegation and providing stretching assignments;
- Understand, assess and embed the right delivery methodologies, considering project and business constraints;
- Assess project risks as they are encountered and evaluate trade-offs between cost, time, quality, risk and ultimately benefit, continuously managing the business case;
- Ensure that all deliverables, whether software, hardware, processes, products or business change are fit for purpose, meet all relevant requirements and are effectively transitioned to support and business-as-usual; and
- Ensure that the business value intended by the work is explicit, agreed and delivered.
- Continuously demonstrate leadership behaviours:
o Live our values
- do the right thing with respect to our values, safety and people.
o Maximise performance - focus on priorities, seek improvements and work together across teams to close our gap to potential and deliver bottom line results.
o Grow trust
- work outside in and build strong long-term relationships with customers, partners, and external parties and make a positive contribution.
o Engage & inspire
- engage everyone through our connected purpose and inspire people and teams be their best through development, coaching and honest feedback.
o Learner mindset
- share the belief that everyone can grow their ability, learn from mistakes & successes and speak up openly in a safe environment.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.