RN-Patient Navigator, Brookdale Plaza Lakeview/AMITA Medical Group, Full Time
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by Amita Health
We Are Hiring:
We are hiring a full time RN-Patient Navigator for AMITA Health Medical Group in partnership with Brookdale Lake Shore Drive Retirement Community, a premier high rise retirement community on Chicagos north side. THIS POSITION ISAT BROOKDALE PLAZA LAKE VIEW, 3121 N. SHERIDAN, CHICAGO, IL 60657. The partnership between Brookdale and AMITA is unique in that residents receive opportunities for coordinated wellness plans through their AMITA provider; and through the continuum of care provided at Brookdale including Independent Living, Assisted Living, Home Care, Home Health and Therapy and Hospice Services. This role will coordinate with the Brookdale team to help identify appropriate levels of care for residents and triage emergent health needs of residents and will help residents in time of transition from a hospital or rehabilitation stay. Its a friendly community and a great place to work come join our team!
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
What You Will Do:
Serve as a patient navigator throughout the continuum of care.
* Function as a liaison for management staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and other customers.
* Coordinate efforts for treatment and promote quality improvement and educational efforts.
* Compile data, track outcomes, and make recommendations for process improvement.
* Provide referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) preferred.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
* Experience as Patient Navigator/Patient Liaison is highly preferred.
Why Join Our Team:
AMITA Health, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, is comprised of 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. With more than 900 providers in its medical groups, 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners, AMITA Health serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
We are committed to improving accessibility to healthcare in the communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable to our patients and one another, and we work hard to treat the whole person, body, mind and spirit. Our compassionate, talented team members are the source of our strength, and we invest heavily in their well-being. We offer significant professional opportunities, career advancement potential, comprehensive training and competitive wages.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.