Network Security Engineer - 802.1x
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by General Dynamics Information Technology
TYPE OF REQUISITION:
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS:
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN:
No Suitability Required
PUBLIC TRUST/OTHER REQUIRED:
* Experience with 802.1x in large scale multitenant deployments
* Proficient in 802.1x policy recommendations, creation, testing, deployments and troubleshooting
* Experience with IP routing and Ethernet switching networks
* Experience with 802.1x, RADIUS, VLAN and DHCP technologies
* Familiarity with Certificate architectures including Certificate Authority (CA) and Trusted Root Certification
* Authorities, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), OCSP, Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
* Experience with configuration of Network Access Control (NAC) RADIUS based services, or
* Experience with Software Defined Networks (SDN)
* Experience with either ClearPass, ISE,or Forescout is preferred.
* Experience with Aruba, Arista and/or Cisco based routers, switches, firewalls or appliances a plus
* Experience with configuration of Role/Realm Policy based VPN Services
* Demonstrates an understanding of policy logic flow and development
* Experience with system security hardening
* Ability to clearly document technical artifacts, policies and procedures
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
Schedules authorized outages to implement proposed solutions.
Follow change management board procedures to plan, document, submit, present and defend solutions documented in Engineering Installation Plans (EIPs) and other various documents.
May work odd hours to minimize customer impact.
Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
Provide Tier 4 technical support and troubleshooting to users as required
Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
May perform network administration duties.
May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Active DOD Secret clearance required
Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
Minimum 5-8 years of related experience
Hands-on experience designing and defining system architecture for new or existing computer systems
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Must be a team player
Must have Aruba, ClearPass and network related certifications
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA DC Washington
ADDITIONAL WORK LOCATIONS:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.