Software Developer II
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by CarMax
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Software Developer II is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of software solutions. This position is involved in the complete software development life cycle and is responsible for ensuring that software meets CarMax quality standards. This position is a key contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis and design, development, and working to achieve project goals. The responsibilities of this position revolve around ownership of assigned programming tasks and software development projects. This includes ensuring that application development efforts consistently meet business requirements, direction, and standards and may include coordinating the tasks of others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with marketing associates to understand the real-life challenges of customers and discover what they need to move seamlessly between the online and in-person shopping experiences
* Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management and systems architecture to develop experimental solutions and bring great ideas to life
* Market your new ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment
* Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer experience is the best it can be
TRANSFORM THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
It takes a passion for technology to develop ground-breaking products. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit product team, you will be part of the development process from end to end: consulting users, carrying out experiments, tackling complex business problems and implementing new products. Youre able to balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change in the digital marketplace.
* Able to resolve support issues
* Able to effectively estimate the time it will take to perform tasks
* Able to identify tasks and impediments, appropriately and effectively escalates through the appropriate channels
* Able to apply best practices and design patterns with guidance from others
* Able to identify minimal viable technical products that meet business requirements with support from others
* Ability to engage in support situation and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drive to a successful resolution
* Proven experience leveraging existing software, development of reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs
* Understanding of end-to-end system design, from the top to the bottom of the stack
* Ability to learn the system, including downstream systems, outage impacts, and limitations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
This role requires hands-on work in technologies such as Azure PaaS (Functions, App Services, App Insights, Structured/Unstructured data storage, and others), .NET Core, SQL, TeamCity or Azure DevOps for CI/CD, load testing / automated testing tools, Splunk, and API management systems.
* 5+ years of full stack application development experience required
* Experience as a software developer working with product teams
* In-depth knowledge of programming languages/platforms such as C#, .Net, Azure, cloud-basedSaaS and PaaSsolutionsis preferred
* In-depth knowledge of relational databases such as MS and SQL server is preferred
* In-depth knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS
* Experience with API design and integration
* A degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience with Relational and NoSQL DB Design
* Experience with ETL Processing
* Exceptional communication skills
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinkingaround the way cars are bought and soldhas helped us become the nations largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Ouramazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences.Along the way,we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and areone of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.