Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by Cortica
Cortica is looking for a Speech-Language Pathologist to join our growing team in San Rafael, CA ( Marin Center).
We are a rapidly growing healthcare company pioneering the most effective treatment methods for children with neurodevelopmental differences. Our mission is to design and deliver life-changing care - one child, one family, one community at a time. Ultimately, we envision a world that cultivates the full potential of every child. At Cortica, every team member is instrumental in helping us achieve our mission!
Our culture and values guide how we work and treat one another. Cortica celebrates diversity and fosters an inclusive environment, seeking ideas and opinions from everyone on the team. We safeguard equal rights and respect for all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran status or other applicable, legally protected characteristics. All Cortica employment decisions are made based on an individual's qualifications and ability to successfully perform the job responsibilities.
YOUR DAY TO DAY:
* Establish speech and language treatment goals through dynamic and standardized assessment tools
* Consult closely with multi-disciplinary team members to create collaborative treatment plans and integrative strategies
* Provide individual therapy sessions as well as group and/or co-treats with other disciplines as therapeutically appropriate
* Maintain patient records, documentation, and appropriate billing in accordance with federal and state regulations and company policy to ensure excellent standard of care
* Provide play based and goal based interventions to develop receptive and expressive language skills while consider an individual's sensory processing, regulation, and motor differences
* Facilitate functional and stimulating experiences to target and achieve individualized goals
* Devise strategies and supports to help the individual engage in communication experiences across settings
* Collaborate with the individual and family to understand their values, interests, and goals
* Implement programming that considers all aspects of the child, inclusive of, but not limited to: sensorimotor, cognitive, communicative, recreational, and social activities
* Contribute to program development
* Educate patients, families, team members, and caregivers on home programs that complement treatment
WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
* You will have completed a Master's program in Speech-Language Pathology
* You are presently licensed to practice as a Speech-Language Pathologist in California
* You have the desire to work in a multi-disciplinary clinical setting
* You are flexible and open to learning
* You have an appreciation for a wide range of therapeutic approaches
* You have a strong passion for working with children
* You are knowledgeable of HIPAA regulations to safeguard patient information
* You are occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* You will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
BENEFITS YOU DESERVE:
Cortica cares deeply about each team member and their wellbeing! We strive to foster an outstanding employee experience and culture. We also provide a terrific benefits package. Full-time employees enjoy a variety of company subsidized medical and dental insurance options, 401K with company match and rapid vesting, Personal Time Off that increases based on tenure, paid holidays, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance options, tuition reimbursement for continuing education and professional development, employee referral bonus awards, and more.