Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by CHI St Joseph Health
CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is the highest-level major trauma center in the Brazos Valley. With the largest team of Speech Therapists in the region, we provide speech therapy to patients in our acute care hospitals, rural hospitals, and outpatient therapy clinics.
We currently have immediate need for a Full Time Speech Pathologist to serve patients in Bryan, College Station, Navasota, TX, and other rural locations.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PERFECT FOR:
* A SCHOOL BASED SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST:
You who could work afternoon/evenings in an outpatient setting @ our College Station pediatric clinic.
* AN SLP WITH DEPENDENTS WHO ARE VIRTUALLY LEARNING:
You could work 3-5 days per month in outpatient clinic covering an SLPs caseload who needs to be off and you can schedule your shifts in advance.
* A NURSING HOME SPEECH PATHOLOGIST:
You would have the ability to work weekends in our Bryan hospital. Weekends can be split so the team member is not working 5 days at full-time job and then 2 days at PRN job. We do ask you to commit to at least two weekend days per month.
* AN SLP RESIDING IN A RURAL AREA:
You would have the option to cover either outpatient, inpatient, or both with the perk of making your own outpatient schedule.
If you are a compassionate CCC-SLP who would like more information about this unique opportunity, connect with CHI St. Joseph Health Regional Hospital today to experience what it is like to collaborate with talented rehabilitation professionals!
* The Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is responsible for maintaining standards of professional and ethical practice following the guidelines of the State of Texas Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. The SLP delivers quality therapy services to patients of all age groups by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. The SLP actively participates in discharge planning, implements the treatment program, and reassesses treatment results. Services are delivered within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach, including significant others, and the patient. These services are delivered in compliance with St. Joseph Regional Rehabilitation Center's mission, ethical standards, and policies and procedures.
* Establishes and demonstrates appropriate therapeutic procedures based upon goals set for patient and treatment disorder. Regulates rehabilitation guidelines for diet consistencies and swallow precautions.
* Utilizes objective tests and measures appropriately for varying diagnoses. Establishes appropriate treatment plans and goals with specified time frames.
* Maintains timely and accurate medical records. Records legibly in patient charts. Completes reports in an organized, thorough and timely manner. Completes all tasks requested by the Lead Speech-Language Pathologist in a timely manner.
* Fosters communication with other therapists, physicians, nurses, volunteers, patients and families and other hospital personnel to establish department support. Attends and provides quality input to team conferences, departmental meetings and other hospital meetings.
* Attends departmental and hospital in-services. Attends one seminar/conference annually.
* Provides department specific orientation to new employees as instructed by the Lead Speech-Language Pathologist. Provides dysphagia education to new nursing employees through nursing orientation. Assists in teaching/training new/current rehabilitation techs/nursing assistants.
* Completes all patient and family education. Provides information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned to meet the organization`s needs.
* Required: Master`s degree (e.g. MA, MS, MBA, MSN, MSW)
* Required: Communication Sciences and Disorders or Equivalent
* Preferred: 2 years clinical experience
* Required: CCC-SLP
* Required: Basic computer and data entry skills
* Required: Licensed by the State of Texas- Speech-Language Pathology/ Intern; eligibility to begin clinical fellowship period with ASHA membership upon completion (required); CPR certified
* Preferred: Certificate of Clinical Competence; Member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA)
related skills: speech production, speech rhythm, speech fluency, stuttering, voice disorders, inappropriate pitch, harsh voice, cognitive communication impairments, attention impairments, memory loss, problem solving disorders, swallowing issues, feeding difficulties, vitalstim therapy, dysphagia, modified barium swallow studies, lee silverman voice treatment, lsvt loud, parkinson's disease, myofascial release, manual techniques, facial nerve palsy, feeding and oral aversion, autism spectrum disorders, cleft palate, resonance training, aerophagia, gerd program, pre-laryngectomy counseling, tdlr, cancer, swallowing rehabilitation
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.