Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by Amedisys
CAREGIVING IS OUR CALLING
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional, clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients throughout their coordinated health care journey all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a home health physical therapist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
* Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan.
* Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
* Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
* Provides supervision and evaluation of aides and physical therapist assistants.
* Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or other appropriate staff as often as needed or as change in the patients condition require.
* Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to OASIS user's manual definitions. Completes all DSM patient health status reports as required and forwards appropriately.
* Supervises physical therapy assistant according to state regulations and agency policy.
* Assists with the coordination of the total plan of care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with other appropriate staff assigned to the same patients. Participates in team/case conferences. Initiates team/care conferences for complex and/or multi-disciplinary patients when required to ensure coordination of care.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Current and unencumbered license to practice physical therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company.
* Successful completion of a physical therapy program at a school of physical therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
* Current CPR certification
* Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits.
* Master's degree or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
* One year of physical therapy experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
BENEFITS AND MORE
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
* Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
* Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account options
* Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching Contributions
* Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Continuing Education
* Fleet car for eligible employees