IT Systems Engineer, Senior
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
JOB NUMBER: R
IT Systems Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in protecting the national security? You understand your customers environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape enterprise-wide information technology programs designed to enable common business processes and provide standard IT capabilities to sailors at sea, Marines in the field and their support systems by leading the Navy focused program offices. Your customer will trust you to not only design and develop these systems, but also evolve them with advanced technology solutions. On our team, youll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like virtualization, storage area network, and networking. Grow your skills by merging virtualization and cloud computing to create secure and optimize hybrid solution to support mission critical systems. Join our team and create the future of Navy systems in Information Technology.
Empower change with us.
* 5+ years of experience in an engineering role, including performing architecture and design of complex distributed IT systems environments
* 3+ years of experience with mid- to enterprise-scale networks
* 2+ years of experience in an operations role
* Experience with architecting, designing, securing, installing, troubleshooting, and documenting integrated server or network solutions
* Secret clearance
* HS diploma or GED
* IAT Level II Certification, including Security+ CE and Windows OS Cert
NICE IF YOU HAVE:
* Experience with various vendor enterprise server, storage, networking, software, and application services or equivalent depth in a single solution platform area a plus
* Experience with network engineering and CCNA
* Experience with virtualization technologies a plus
* Experience with *NIX engineering or operations a plus
* Experience with Cloud infrastructure engineering, including an AWS or Azure Certification a plus
* Experience with Python and PowerShell scripting a plus
* BA or BS degree in CS or Engineering
* VMware VCP Certification a plus
* LPIC-2 or similar Certification
* CASP or CISSP Certification
* MCSA Windows Server 2012 or MCSE Server Infrastructure 2012 Certification or newer preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
BUILD YOUR CAREER:
When you join Booz Allen, youll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. Youll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. Well help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Were an EOE that empowers our peopleno matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristicto fearlessly drive change.