Speech Language Pathologist
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by KIPP
WHAT WE BELIEVE
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
WHAT WE DO
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when its not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF
You have previous experience as a Speech Language Pathologist providing speech support to children in grades K-8; especially in a school environment. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys working with teachers, administration and other school staff. You are passionate about developing students oral communication skills to support their ability to access their educational program.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS OPENING IS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR. TENTATIVE START DATE WILL BE IN JULY 2021.
WHAT YOULL DO
* Provide direct treatment to students with speech-language impairments
* Develop and implement educationally-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) communication goals using a variety of service delivery models to support the classroom curriculum
* Conduct speech and language screenings
* Follow and implement treatment plans
* Document student progress towards meeting established goals and objectives
* Conduct formal assessments
* Participate in IEP meetings of students on assigned caseload
* Collaborate with teachers to ensure that students meet the goals outlined in their IEPs
* Provide individualized classroom strategies to facilitate specific communication skills
* Communicate with families of students on assigned caseload regarding progress toward IEP goals
* Participate as a member of the regional Special Education team
* Manage special projects as they relate to Special Education.