Business Intelligence Analyst
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by UpClear
UpClear is a technology SaaS company with a global customer base that is changing how Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) companies manage their Trade Promotions.
UpClears BluePlanner software is a best-in-class platform for Revenue Management, covering Sales Planning, Trade Promotion Management (TPM), Analytics, and Optimization (TPO). BluePlanner has been acknowledged by the Consumer Goods Technology publication as one of the leading solutions for Trade Promotion Management. UpClear is growing quickly and has been recognized for the sixth year in a row (2014 to 2019) as one of the fastest growing private companies by Inc 5000.
UpClear serves clients in 25+ countries across Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific from its primary offices in New York (US), London (UK), Paris (France), and Hong Kong (China), and branch in Sydney (Australia).
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Business Intelligence Consultant is responsible for transforming transactional data into insights through creating actionable reports, dashboards and visualizations for end users. This role will require working closely with clients to map our applications reporting capabilities to clients business requirements, while also ensuring the scalability of our SaaS framework. Consequently, there is extensive collaboration with our client service and tech teams.
* Identify reports, dashboards, and analysis required in accordance with clients business needs
* Consolidate new client requirements into a scalable solution for existing clients and UpClear
* Build custom analytics solutions for clients
* Identify growth areas for reporting and analytics capabilities, including new data sources
* Ensure quality standards across both data and report functionality
* Provide business intelligence support for the global client base (i.e. US, EMEA, APAC)
* Assist in the sales process as a technical expert in business intelligence
* Bachelors or masters degree in a technical field (e.g. IT, STEM)
* Strong autonomy, attention to detail, highly organized and strong interpersonal skills
* Fast learner, enthusiasm for working with data and developing business intelligence skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication proficiency
* Open to occasional client visits (less than 20%)
* 0 - 2 years of work experience, preferably working with data
* Familiarity with Tableau (Desktop and Server)
* Familiarity with the software development life cycle, particularly within a SaaS environment
* Understanding of Databases, SQL, ETL, and Web Applications
* Experience within the Retail or Consumer Packaged Goods industries is a plus
UpClear employees have access to a range of competitive benefits, including
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)