Information Assurance Engineer
Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by SPN Solutions Inc.
SPN Solutions is seeking to hire a senior level, skilled Information Assurance Engineer isto support ongoing critical requirements with one of our Defense customers in Bethesda, MD. The Information Assurance Engineer will be responsible for reviews regulatory security policies, as well as best practices, and develop the technical solution required in order to implement those requirements on servers, routers, firewalls and other LAN/WAN equipment. The Information Assurance Engineer will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
Primary Job Duties:
* Reviews regulatory security policies, as well as best practices, and develop the technical solution required in order to implement those requirements on servers, routers, firewalls and other LAN/WAN equipment.
* Works with System and Network Administrators to monitor the security posture of all networked systems and applications and take appropriate steps to quickly deal with any vulnerabilities.
* Provides system, network, security engineering expertise and guidance for all aspects of information assurance, including those systems required to meet DoD regulations and requirements.
* Supports the year-round work of maintaining security posture to meet DoD RMF requirements.
* Ensures technical system documentation required for A&A packages are complete and clearly supports validation and ATO in accordance with system security requirements.
* Works with IA artifacts and tooling to including vulnerability testing and related network/system test tools, e.g. Retina, Nessus, STIG compliance checker, ACAS, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and more.
* Performs self-assessment and hardening of system servers, applying STIGs, SCAP and ACAS scans, and other scripts. Generate a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) report and remediate findings.
* Conducts security control assessments on network infrastructure and systems in support of RMF activities.
* Ensures users have requisite security authorizations and are systems and prepare security assessment reports.
* Comprehensive understanding of DoD MHS services and programs, and other usability standards, as well as user interface design methodologies.
* Comprehensive understanding of DoD/DHA IT Security and IA policies, directives, and publications; and shall maintain awareness of relevant cyber-related policy issues.
* Comprehensive understanding of federal security regulatory requirements and security frameworks, including RMF, NIST SP 800-series, FISMA, FIPS, FedRAMP, etc.
* Demonstrated experience using IA artifacts and tooling to include vulnerability testing and related network/system test tools, e.g. Retina, Nessus, STIG compliance checker, ACAS, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), and more.
* Minimum Three (3+) years hands on relevant experience supporting system security authorization processes under RMF and pervious regulations.
* Hands on experience with IA artifacts and security penetration tools.
* IAT Level 2 certification/accreditation required.
* Four-year degree.
* Must meet DOD 8570 requirements.
* Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
At SPN, we have a corporate culture which fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values and culture.
* Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
* Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching
* Generous vacation and sick leave plan
* Parental leave plan
* Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
* Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
* Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits, and healthy snacking alternatives
_SPN Solutions Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. SPN Solutions Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment._