Posted on Mar 19, 2021 by Blue Jay Communications
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
- Self-supervise all operations to ensure that all splicing operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
- Ensure that all needed tools and equipment are available at the jobsite, working from engineered blueprints, and keeping track of production.
- Resolve complaints with property owners in areas that you're working. (Talk to residents & explain what it is we are doing).
- Fill-out daily production reports, mark-up maps, keep track of work hours, complete "as-built maps" for areas spliced.
- Basic installation and repair acceptance testing of light levels
- Basic wiring in an office building or new construction setting
- Installation, repair, and maintenance of inside wire.
- Responsible for high quality trade craft and splicing duties
- Focused splicing work required in order to install highly complex circuits and designs
- Verify proper splicing and distance using an OTDR.
- Pullfiber cable through conduits, splice, and activate underground and aerial lines.
- Place or attach cable on or inside a building using a drill and screws to secure clips.
- Troubleshoot splice loss or attenuation using an OTDR.
- Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
- Overall network architecture understanding required as this position requires network architecture and troubleshooting knowledge
- Ability to audit and document splicing matrices and existing fiber plant
- Ability to document and validate as-builts for new builds and plant modifications
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime when necessary.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
· Ability to work efficiently, independently and collaboratively in a team environment
· Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb, and lift throughout each day
· Must be able to work in tight spaces
· Capable of moving materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
· Ability to communicate professionally with co-workers, homeowners, and customers
· Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable work attendance
· Must have valid driver's license
· Must be able to pass drug and background screening
· Must be authorized to work in the United States
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$19.5k - $31.2k Annual