Engineering Team Lead/Architect
Posted on Mar 18, 2021 by Precision System Design, Inc.
We are helping our client, a profitable 7 year old data analytics company, to find a new engineering lead for their core product. In this role, You'll be guiding a team of developers and data scientists to enhance and scale the company's capabilities.
You'll need a combination of strong technical chops in the big data analytics space, and strong interpersonal skills necessary to deal with clients and investors.
Proven experience as an architect/hands-on team lead to implement large-scale data analytics applications is required. Ideally, you've been working in Python with Spark on AWS, but other data management and analysis platforms are OK.
It's a vibrant company with well-known investors and a strong client base. As a senior member of their team, You'll have the opportunity to help shape their strategy. The company offices are in NYC, but You'll be working remotely for now. They are offering excellent comp (including both cash and equity).
- At least 8 years of overall software engineering experience
- Demonstrated and current experience with Python
- Experience building products from scratch that ingest and manipulate large, complex volumes of data
- Cloud infrastructure experience (hands-on configuration and provisioning) with public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Passionate about hands-on development work, as well as mentorship and grooming of more junior team members
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $ 1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $ 1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time