Senior Big Data Engineer & Architect
Posted on Mar 18, 2021 by Venturi Limited
My consulting client based in central London is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer & Architect.
The Senior Big Data Engineer & Architect role exists to provide architecture and data engineering subject matter expertise in the client projects. This may be at the designing/planning stage or at the building/testing stage, or both.
Within a project, data engineers typically work closely with other profiles such as data scientists to build data products that allow organisations to extract value from data.
WHAT THEY LOOK FOR
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of big data engineers
- Experience designing architectures for cloud data platforms
- Solid knowledge of AWS data & AI services - ideally professionally certified on AWS (best certification paths are big data specialty & solutions architect)
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Spark (with either Python, Scala or Java)
- Experience with data warehousing solutions
- Good knowledge of data governance processes & best practices
- Previous consulting experience is a strong plus
- High level of autonomy and self-direction
- Strong communication skills in the technical & architectural space
- Travel is required (of course, after the Covid-19 pandemic is no longer in the picture)
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN MORE DETAILS?
- Autonomously interact with technical stakeholders
- Delegate & control tasks to a team of data engineers, mentor them over time
- Architect new data platforms based on functional & non-functional requirements and help to build them
- Architect data models to reduce system complexity, increase efficiency and reduce cost
- Design, build and test data pipelines based on functional & non-functional requirements for data transformation
- Propose ways to improve data quality and reliability
- Monitor innovation in the data & architecture space and promote its introduction in the work they do for their clients.