Commissioning and Procurement Officer
Posted on Mar 18, 2021 by CRA Group Limited
Kingston Upon Thames, London, United Kingdom
Admin & Secretarial
£20 - £25 Hourly
- Works with manager and colleagues to define outcomes, set targets and monitor performance, within a culture of continual improvement.
- Supports operational plans to ensure that the resources within the teams are used to best effect and impact Customers and Partners.
- Builds strong internal and external working partnerships to enable the service to be delivered in an outcome-focused and efficient way.
- Supports Kingston's commitment to community cohesion and valuing diversity and social inclusion Digital/New Ways of Working.
- Uses new technologies, particularly Google, to adopt modern, agile working practices, improve customer service and eliminating paper-based processes wherever possible.
- Delivery Providing professional commissioning and procurement project support to commissioning leads across the Council.
- Developing excellent relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to maximise the understanding of commissioning and procurement to deliver positive outcomes.
- Managing projects on the e-tendering portal and preparing tender documentation.
- Carrying out research, benchmarking and market analysis to drive a focus on the most efficient and effective use of resources to inform commissioning plans.
- Maintaining the Council's commissioning and procurement guidance materials and templates.
- Supporting the procurement governance/gateway process to ensure timely and informed commercial decisions.
- Delivering low value and routine procurement projects.
Role Specific Skills:
- Good knowledge of commissioning and procurement best practice.
- Appropriate procurement experience in a public sector environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Public Contracts Regulations (PCR 2015).
- Experience of e-tendering portals or P2P systems.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills.
- Experience of formal report writing and excellent writing skills.
- Experience of planning, organising and prioritising workload.
- Professional qualification (or willing to work towards one).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively manage own workload.
- The ideal candidate will be have or be working towards a degree or relevant professional qualification, preferably Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), be politically astute and able to build high levels of credibility, and make an impact quickly.