Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Mar 18, 2021 by TEKsystems
Personalized immunotherapies are the future of the fight against cancer, we are Making the Difference in enabling the lofty goal of employing immunotherapies to combat our toughest diseases. Our integrated systems, named #1 Innovation by Scientist Magazine & World-Leading Design by Red Dot, are changing cancer research by connecting biological readouts to what is actually happening in patients. Our game changing hardware technologies, originally from Cal Tech and Yale, combined with our next generation software and data visualizations, are powered by our amazing R&D team and used throughout the world. We work with a growing list of leading researchers who are publishing findings that connect our readouts to what is truly happening in patients, and that excites & drives all of us to do more! If you like working at the intersection of biological sciences and healthcare, and you enjoy intellectually challenging yet fulfilling projects, give us a call. Our fast growing, 200+ person team has a sense of integrity, energy, and urgency to make things happen in our collective careers and in the broader world, and we look forward to talking.
We are looking for an experienced Software DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes to support our software development, software QA and bioinformatics teams. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle are essential.
* Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, software engineering, or related field.
* Minimum 2 years previous experience in development lifecycle management and operations.
* Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
* Experience with both Windows and Linux infrastructures
* Strong experience with Azure cloud platforms
* Experience with DevOps tools for bioinformatics pipelines
* Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines, such as Azure DevOps or Atlassian Bitbucket Pipelines.
* Familiarity with Jenkins or other build server product such as Team City or Bamboo.
* Knowledge of Agile/Scrum workflow methodologies
* Proficiency with programming and scripting languages (e.g., Bash, PowerShell)
* Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
* Configuring and managing databases is a plus.
* Up to date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
* Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
* Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
* Technology leader that serves as a liaison between the software development team and the infrastructure team to facilitate a culture of collaboration for working toward common shared goals.
* Work directly with the software development team and the Information Technology Department to develop software development systems and resources.
* Design, configure, implement, and test resources needed for the software development services infrastructure. This can include physical, virtual, and cloud-based resources.
* Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on software development strategies and operations.
* Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery.
* Consult with peers for feedback during testing stages.
* Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
* Maintain day-to-day management and administration of software development projects.
* Manage CI and CD tools with the teams.
* Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
* Improve infrastructure for software development.
* Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the various company stakeholders.
* Identify opportunities for automation within software development and release processes.
* Identify bugs and quality issues in development processes and suggest improvements.
* Manage applications and databases relevant to software development and automations.
Expert Level ABOUT TEKSYSTEMS: We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.