Senior Test Automation Engineer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by TEKsystems
Title: Senior Test Automation Engineer
Start date: negotiable
Duration: initial 9 months contract (with option of extension)
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Test Automation Engineer with broad knowledge of testing methodologies, who understands the importance of where and when to use Manual, Automation or exploratory. Experience with complex systems within a large-scale IT programme is required.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Champion testing aspects for a containerized software solution, by taking the lead on test automation, test technology choices and testing best practices
- Maintain an independent view of the solution, helping the development team to avoid blind spots and performance issues.
- As part of a talented Scrum team actively contribute to sprint goals and continuous improvements.
- Perform additional exploratory and manual testing whenever needed
- Extended .NET and C# development experience
- Experience joining an ongoing project within a complex domain
- Knowledge of API testing and test automation concepts and platforms
- Experience of working on the Linux Operating System
- Experience developing automated testing solutions with diverse technologies and hands on, proven and demonstrable experience of designing, building and maturing automation frameworks from scratch
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Test automation expertise, including load testing, integration testing, acceptance testing and performance testing
- Software development in C# .NET
- Cloud solutions
- Understanding of Micro services architecture and Docker are a plus
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.