Appliance Service Technician
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by Stewart Appliance Inc.
Since 1946, Stewart's TV and Appliance has been at the same location in Elyria, Ohio. Owned and operated by 2nd generation members of the Stewart Family, they attribute their loyal customer base to continuing the legacy of their Dad, Dick Stewart's belief in giving everyone who walks through their door, FRIENDLY personal service. With a full time in-house service department, Stewart's can SKILLFULLY service your products when needed.
Because of unprecedented growth, we need to hire an Appliance Service Technician to join our team. Our strategic partnership with BrandSource, a national buying group gives us $20B in buying power. We're big enough to compete against the "box stores" but small enough to provide that white glove service that customers demand and expect in the ELYRIA area.
As an Appliance Service Technician, you will be responsible for diagnosing and repairing dishwashers, ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, ranges and more. This is a full time job that requires strong attention to detail.
Responsibilites & Duties :
Properly diagnose and repair built-in and freestanding appliances
- Responsibly drive and maintain a company service vehicle
- Communicate well with coworkers and customer ( we're in the people business first)
- Maintain appliance parts inventory on service vehicle
- Be able to lift 75 lbs. or more
- Working mechanical knowledge, including the use of hand tools and test equipment
- Flexibility to work variable and flexible hours, including overtime
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- CFC certification
- Appliance installation / Repair experience
- Prior HVAC, electrical, or construction experience is a plus
- Clean and valid Ohio drivers License
Job Type : Full-time
Education : High school or equivalent
We offer hospitalization, 401K and vacation