Business Intelligence Developer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by Stelfox Ltd
Fantastic new opportunity in Cork City!
*Business Intelligence Developer*
You will join the development team working closely with the product manager and application developers to develop Embedded reporting, data set, ad-hoc reporting, documentation, training material, etc. in an agile environment. We expect the candidate to understand Business Intelligence tools, models, and methodologies relevant to logistics related to data storage, staging, analysis, and reporting.
- Develop interactive Embedded dashboards, reports, and key performance indicators using various visualization tools like MicroStrategy, Yellowfin, Tableau, or newly identified BI tools.
- Create MicroStrategy schema objects and application objects using MicroStrategy desktop and architect.
- Create action filters, parameters, calculated sets, parent-child reports, drill-down paths, hierarchies, etc. for preparing dashboards and pixel-perfect reporting.
- Build, maintain, and govern the MicroStrategy semantic reporting layer to ensure data consistency and a single version of the truth.
- Work with the application development team to ensure successful integration of reports/dashboards into the web application(s) with required level of security.
- Create database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, and functions using T- SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Write complex, optimized SQL queries across volumes of data.
- Create and maintain documentation deliverables including, but not limited to architecture diagrams data, flow diagrams, metadata, data dictionary, entity-relationship diagrams, data mapping documents, and other data design artifacts that define technical data specifications and transformation rules.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify data flow issues/system performance issues and/or reporting discrepancy issues.
- Follow best practices regarding coding standards, code reviews, and testing (including unit, integration, and system test)
- Provide ongoing development and maintenance of a BI architecture that enables fact-based decision-making and ad-hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of experience with MicroStrategy developer and Architect software. Experience with MicroStrategy Embedded Business Intelligence applications is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with developing database-driven projects using T-SQL, Visual Studio, MS SQL Server Management studio on SQL Server Azure and on-premise.
- Must have a good knowledge of relational & multidimensional models.
- Must be familiar with data visualization best practices.
- Must be excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
- Experience with ETL tools like Azure Data Factory, SSIS is a plus.
- Experience with Python or R Studio is a plus
Please contact Jason O Donoghue for a confidential chat and for immediate consideration - (see below)
We have a number of similar positions currently, and in the future, which we would like to discuss with you should you indicate your interest in this role. When we receive your application for this role, we will contact you to advise you of our process for other similar positions.
Your shared data will not be disclosed or transferred to a third party data controller or data processor located outside the EEA unless we have obtained your express consent.
We look forward to working with you.