Senior Product Designer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by Square One Resources
Senior Product Designer | Permanent
UK Based | Remote
Our client are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join their team and take overall responsibility for designing the consumer-facing aspects of their B2B2C platform, bringing to life a delightful, compelling and truly helpful self-service experience.
In this role, you'll be responsible for ensuring that end-users get access to experiences that are so tailored to their needs that they return to them again and again.
Our client has developed a personalisation-powered consumer interaction SaaS platform that enables Communication Service Providers (CSPs) and Connected Product Manufacturers to establish self-service digital interactions as the preferred mechanism for consumers to interact with their provider.
They are at the forefront of transforming how customer care is delivered by increasing the frequency with which consumers can solve technical issues themselves and augmenting customer care agents' capabilities when they do become involved.
The Senior Product Designer will be working with the team building consumer-facing applications as well as pre-built use cases that help to accelerate time-to-value for their clients, and then will be working closely with those clients internationally to customise the use cases for their own specific requirements.
You will be responsible for leading the design efforts for the consumer-facing aspects of the Sweepr platform and for leading the design activities for our client delivery projects.
This will involve:
* Translating product requirements into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and innovative consumer experiences optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
* Directing and leveraging a CX research backed approach to the development of the consumer facing aspects of our platform.
* Helping the business to validate and refine the product direction from micro (user stories and usability) to macro (roadmap and strategy) by gathering feedback from users.
* Collaborating effectively with our product development and client delivery teams as well as various stakeholders in our client organisations.
* Running client design workshops and presentations to elicit client requirements and ideate on potential use case implementations.
* Translating client requirements into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive and innovative consumer experiences while taking due consideration of the current and near-term available Sweepr platform functionality.
* Taking a user-centred design approach and rapidly testing and iterating your designs.
* Identifying potential UX problems and developing innovative solutions.
* Proactively proposing new frameworks, design practices and methods for improving the quality and the speed of delivery.
Key skills required:
* Solid experience in a similar consumer-facing Senior Product Designer role.
* A portfolio that shows you've worked on a range of consumer-facing projects, particularly with experience in the mobile space.
* Demonstrated visual design sensibilities in applying brand to digital experiences.
* Experience of working with clients in markets of Europe and/or North America
* Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
* A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
* Experience implementing design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative software environment.
* Experience with industry standard design tools (eg, Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD) to produce wireframes and both low and high-fidelity prototypes.
* Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical deadlines.
* Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
* Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry's latest trends and technologies.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships with a diverse and geographically-distributed team.
* Experience working with voice UI and other multimodal platforms would be an advantage
*The ability to travel internationally is essential and will be on an as-needed basis to support the growth of the business (may be up to 10% - 15% of time)*
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply now with your updated CV in word/PDF format and portfolio.
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.