Windows Server - Azure Engineer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by E-Frontiers
Windows Server Engineer
Do you have what it takes to deliver leading-edge high value infrastructure projects for a mission critical high volume transaction processing business operating across distributed data centres?Environment
The core business develops and operates a proprietary technology platform and IT operational services to an Exchange and distributed Broker network across multiple data centres and locations.
It is a mission critical, high volume transaction processing environment where system performance and availability are critical success factors. These CSF's are underpinned by the industry leading infrastructure design, implementation and management.
As Windows Server Engineer you will be part of a mature Infrastructure team that oversees the performance, availability, operational effectiveness and growth of the platform.
Much of the role is comprised of project driven work with some day to day support activities. It is a is a highly technical role covering a broad spectrum of server and infrastructure technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft Server technologies, Servers, Linux(such as CentOS), load balancing (such as f5 Big IP LTM/GTM), HPE 3Par Storage, Cloud (Azure, AWS), Containerisation, Docker.
In time, you will also be required to cover an on-call support rota covering weekends and out of hours, with other team members.
We are recruiting a number of roles suitable for engineers at different levels of experience and seniority but each candidate must have excellent working knowledge and strong technical experience in the following:
The ideal candidate must have 3+ years experience and be expert in the following Windows Server Technologies
- Windows 2012, 2016
- Windows High Availability Solutions
- Windows Virtualisation Technologies
- Windows Clustering and MSMQ
- F5 LTM/GTM
Strong working expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- HPE Servers, SAN Products and Technologies
- Windows Networking
- HPE 3Par
- Windows Monitoring and Management Technologies - HP SIM, System Centre
- Active Directory and Domain Policy Management
- Web Server Technologies - IIS
You should also have
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience these technologies ideally in a 24 x 7 environment.
- MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD or similar certifications
- Strong team player attributes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Analysis and problem solving skills
Candidate will report to Infrastructure Manager. Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package commensurate with candidate's experience.