Machine Learning Data Engineer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by Henlow Recruitment Group
*Machine Learning Data Engineer*
Looking for a Machine Learning Data Engineer who is both a data science expert but also has solid data engineering skills (in Java) with regards to Oracle/SQL.
As a machine learning/data engineer, you are both responsible for transforming data into formats that can be easily analysed as well as helping the team build in-house streaming and batch-based data products. These products need to be processed and collected for near-Real Time reporting, analytics and recommendations, and to serve machine learning models in Real Time.
Must have, Oracle/SQL, Data Science background and Java
You will work closely with data scientists and are largely in charge of architecting solutions for data scientists that enable them to do their jobs effectively and efficiently.
- Experience with SQL databases - especially Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Deep knowledge of data ingestion, manipulation and transformation using SQL and related tooling
- Affinity with DevOps patterns dedicated to AI implementation (AI-Ops, ML-Ops, Analytic Ops)
- Hands-on experience managing and further developing distributed systems and clusters for both batch as well as streaming data (Hadoop/Spark and/or Kafka/Flink)
- Experience with cloud orchestration (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience using Docker to deploy robust REST-ful microservices
- Experience with programming in a statically typed language, particularly Java with Spring
- Solid understanding of current security and privacy risks, and approaches to mitigate those risks
- Master degree in computer science, information technology, or applied math
- Affinity with Advanced Analytics and Data Science
The role is initially full time remote but extensive travel to the Netherlands when possible (see below)