Unified Communications Engineer
Posted on Mar 17, 2021 by TEKsystems
Function/Job Title: Unified Communications Engineer
Department: Unified Collaboration - IM Zurich
Desired Start Date: 01/05/2021 or ASAP
Contract Duration: 6 months, extension possibleOverview of business area or project:
The role is located in the area of Collaboration Services which provides global services for Real Time Collaboration, Video & Conferencing, Messaging and Share-Point and Compliance & Retention.
This vacancy is in the area of Real Time Collaboration.Key Responsibilities
This role is required to ensure and improve stability of the Skype for Business infrastructure, and to support the Skype for Mobile collaboration-infrastructure as well as Client Media Recording CMR Verba/Vantage.
* Manage the quality, reliability, capacity, performance and configuration of the regional/global Lync Enterprise Voice estate
* Responsibility to manage and deploy the instrumentation required to actively run the service reliability and quality as well as the integration of Lync with Exchange (Unified Messaging) and Video Conferencing platform (Cisco)
* Change and release testing and implementation
* Capacity management in Skype 2015/2019, Verba voice recording and Actiance Vantage estate and Integration of Lync Edge services (Federation, Web Conferencing and Mobile Collaboration)
* Troubleshoot end to end infrastructure including compliance stack (Actiance and Verba)
* Review CDR (Client/Call Data Records) and QoE (Call Quality Reports) reports to manage service quality and end user experience
* Ensuring 2nd level support to other departments and consistency with other regions (AMER/EMEA/APAC)Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities):
The candidate will work in a small local team (4 members located in Zurich), which, together with teams in other regions ensures the operation of the Real Time collaboration infrastructure.Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
Working with tight timelines and under pressure.
The candidate should work independently and be proactive.
Possible contacts with business and stakeholders.Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
* Proven track record of at least 3 years' experience in supporting a complex Microsoft Lync UC environment including Scripting skills (PowerShell)
* Strong Microsoft Lync and Enterprise Voice experience (preferred Lync 2013 or Skype for Business) in design and operation as well as Lync Client and Server experience (3+ years)
* Solid knowledge in generating Lync reports
* Good analytical and problem solving skills, Strong troubleshooting background, Proactive team player
* Fluent English Skills required,
* Proactive team playerDesired Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience with Verba 9 Collaboration Recording
* Know-how of telecommunications infrastructure focusing on IP Telephony technologies, Avaya Session Manager and CISCO VCS Video Conferencing integration
* Experience with ACME (Automatic Certificate Management Environment) Packet Call flow SBCs (Session Boarder Controller) and Knowledge of enterprise WAN concepts, load balancing and hardware components
* Strong knowledge and experience in supporting technologies like: Exchange 2010 and Active Directory, Experience with enterprise messaging and Exchange UM integration
* Networking knowledge (Routing, VLAN, DNS, Proxies) and protocols (SIP, TCP) Security knowledge (Firewall)
* Communication in German is a plusCandidate Value Proposition:
Working within a multilingual environment in a dynamic team for an interesting project
The Team is friendly and open.
Wide verity of technologies you have contact with every day.
We are open to hear your ideas and consider implementing them.
Is working from home possible:
Yes (during COVID full time home office, occasionally in the office), after COVID at least 1 day/week.
Apply here now, or email me directly at (see below)!
TEKsystems, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Aeschengraben 20, CH-4051 Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. TEKsystems is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to our website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at our website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.