Lead Service Reliability Engineer
Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Lead Associate Service Reliability Engineer. Candidate will apply expertise in software and systems engineering to ensure that both our internally critical and externally visible systems meet the appropriate performance needs of our users. In this role, you will be expected to: drive technical capabilities for increasing SRE value proposition within the portfolio; strategize portfolio/program reliability by working with cross-functional IT organizations and build roadmaps to drive reliability into the product; enable the portfolio to standardize and adopt application reliability metrics and improve application health; serve as a change agent in educating portfolio team members on reliability, evangelize SRE service capabilities, influence customers in adopting SRE services and best practices, measure and showcase the added value through metrics; educate and coach junior resources on application and infrastructure reliability best practices; and become the go-to person for all technical needs of the portfolio SREs.
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing software.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand;
- Experience as a full-stack developer with hands on knowledge of languages like Java, Python etc. and exposure with application/infrastructure architecture;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally on availability/performance issues in order to identify root-cause, determine areas for improvement, and drive those actions to closure through effective solutions;
- Extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques, and theories to suggest and implement solutions on a specific project, program, or product;
- Experience identifying and selecting strategic options, and identifying resources to meet the defined objectives;
- Influencing skills to include negotiation, persuasion of others, meeting facilitation, and conflict resolution;
- Skilled in deriving business insight for the purposes of advising stakeholders and project team members, designing business models, interpreting customer and market insights, forecasting, benchmarking, etc.;
- Adept at managing project plans, resources, and people to ensure successful project completion in an Agile/Scrum environment in order to facilitate the design/development of performance engineering and resiliency methodologies through collaboration with engineering and product teams to implement shift left techniques on test design & automation;
- Experience advising teams in the writing of Performance and Chaos Engineering strategies and scripts with a strong emphasis on automated deployment, infrastructure automation solutions, and continuous integration & delivery processes;
- Ability to identify gaps in the code from a non-functional viewpoint and experience assisting developers to fix the code and promote relevant reliability pattern implementations;
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining the overall health, availability, performance, resiliency, and capacity of technology products with specific experience in performance engineering and validations using JMeter, LoadRunner, etc.;
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing to include Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings, development, and networking platforms;
- Experience defining, measuring, and improving Reliability Metrics (SLO/SLI), Observability (Monitoring, Logging-Tracing solutions), Operations Processes (Incident, Problem Management), and Operations Toil Reduction through Automation;
- Experience designing, building and implementing necessary dashboards from application and infrastructure health perspectives using tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, Datadog, etc. to provide a single pane view of all critical business and operational information to relevant stakeholders;
- Experience architecting solutions for the design and implementation of applications in the cloud;
- Experience in activities like architecture reviews, code reviews, creating platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, etc.;
- Experience designing & developing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability;
- Knowledge on Cloud technologies and containerization using Docker & Kubernetes;
- Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of DevOps/CICD tools like Jenkins, Terraform, Jules and automated deployment tools;
- Familiarity with Blue Prism, Selenium, or Ansible playbooks and programming languages like Java, Perl, Python or PowerShell Scripting and Ansible playbook;
- Experience implementing resiliency design pattern frameworks and validation.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent;
- Relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Splunk Certified Developer, Dynatrace, Sun Certified Java Programmer, etc.