System Administrator - Skype for Business
Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Experis AG
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
This role is required to ensure and improve stability of the Skype for Business infrastructure, and to support the Skype for Mobile collaboration-infrastructure as well as Client Media Recording CMR Verba/Vantage.
- Manage the quality, reliability, capacity, performance and configuration of the regional/global Lync Enterprise Voice estate
- Responsibility to manage and deploy the instrumentation required to actively run the service reliability and quality as well as the integration of Lync with Exchange (Unified Messaging) and Video Conferencing platform (Cisco)
- Change and release testing and implementation
- Capacity management in Skype 2015/2019, Verba voice recording and Actiance Vantage estate and Integration of Lync Edge services (Federation, Web Conferencing and Mobile Collaboration)
- Troubleshoot end to end infrastructure including compliance stack (Actiance and Verba)
- Review CDR (Client/Call Data Records) and QoE (Call Quality Reports) reports to manage service quality and end user experience
- Ensuring 2nd level support to other departments and consistency with other regions (AMER/EMEA/APAC)
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
- Working with tight timelines and under pressure.
- The candidate should work independently and be proactive.
- Possible contacts with business and stakeholders.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of at least 3 years' experience in supporting a complex Microsoft Lync UC environment including Scripting skills (PowerShell)
- Strong Microsoft Lync and Enterprise Voice experience (preferred Lync 2013 or Skype for Business) in design and operation as well as Lync Client and Server experience (3+ years)
- Solid knowledge in generating Lync reports
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, Strong troubleshooting background, Proactive team player
- Fluent English Skills required,
- Proactive team player
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with Verba 9 Collaboration Recording
- Know-how of telecommunications infrastructure focusing on IP Telephony technologies, Avaya Session Manager and CISCO VCS Video Conferencing integration
- Experience with ACME (Automatic Certificate Management Environment) Packet Call flow SBCs (Session Boarder Controller) and Knowledge of enterprise WAN concepts, load balancing and hardware component
- Strong knowledge and experience in supporting technologies like: Exchange 2010 and Active Directory, Experience with enterprise messaging and Exchange UM integration
- Networking knowledge (Routing, VLAN, DNS, Proxies) and protocols (SIP, TCP) Security knowledge (Firewall)
- Communication in German is a plus
Candidate Value Proposition:
Working within a multilingual environment in a dynamic team for an interesting project
The Team is friendly and open.
Wide verity of technologies you have contact with every day.
We are open to hear your ideas and consider implementing them.
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse.