Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by Intelligent Enterprise Products Limited
Position: Scrum Master
Working arrangements: Remote WFH / on-site meetings as required
Position status: Off-payroll working rules apply (IR35 in-scope)
Location: South West
Security clearance: DV, although initially SC (must be held to start role) would be acceptable with the aim to acquire DV once onboarded. Sole UK nationality is required for this role.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 16 March 2021
Start Date (no later than): 13 April 2021
The Scrum Master will work within the multi-disciplined Cyber Mission Data Alpha team. This team consists of Authority Crown Servants, current contract supplier technical resource, and separately procured technical resource.
The Cyber Mission Data Alpha team fits within the current construct of the Data as a Service function, which forms part of the wider Defence Cyber Operations.
The Scrum Master will work within the construct of the Agile Delivery Model to lead and contribute towards delivery of:
- Manage the phase scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for all communications
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members 'own' the product
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Familiarity with software development
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement)
- Excellent communication and servant leadership skills
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
Agile practices. Coach and lead teams in Agile practices. An advocate of this approach, continuously reflecting and challenging the team. Tailor new ways of working; you are always innovating.
Commercial management. Take responsibility for complex relationships with contracted suppliers. Identify appropriate contractual frameworks and identify appropriate suppliers. Get good value out of contracts and suppliers.
Communication skills. Mediate between people/mend relationships, communicating at all levels. Manage stakeholder expectations/facilitate discussions within constrained timescales. Speak to large audiences inside and outside of government.
Life-cycle perspective. Apply experience throughout the product life cycle. Recognise when to carry on and when to stop. Recognise appropriate deliverables and the right people to meet these.
Maintaining delivery momentum. Optimise the delivery flow of teams. Actively address the most complicated risks and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team. Identify ways to unblock issues.
Making a process work. Identify/challenge organisational processes. Add value/coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Know how to guide teams through the implementation of a new process.
Planning. Lead a continual planning process in a complex environment. Plan beyond product delivery. Identify dependencies in plans across services/coordinate delivery. Coach teams as the central point of expertise.
Team dynamics/collaboration. Identify team problems and rectify them. Identify issues through health-checks/provoke the right responses. Provide feedback, choosing the right type at the right time, ensuring the decision sticks.
- Obtained the Certified Scrum Master qualification
- Degree in Computer Science, Business, or similar field
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Previous experience working within a defence or intelligence environment
- Previous experience working within a defensive cyber security environment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£80k - £100k Annual
£500 - £500 Daily
£40k - £43k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£45k - £60k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual