International Lead Buyer
Posted on Mar 16, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging role to work in Belgium?
One of our clients are looking for a French speaking 'International Lead Buyer' to work for a 6 months contract with possibility of extension. Please find the job details below.
- Start date: ASAP
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
- Language: French & English mandatory
- Deadline to submit CV: 19th Feb 2021
Request description: For 200 years, our client has been putting its expertise and its visionary spirit to the service of defense and the security of citizens. Thanks to a unique combination of skills in software engineering, ballistics and mecatronics, our client conceive and develop complete and innovative solutions in the domain of weapons systems.
Within the purchasing process, you are accountable for:
- During the pre-project stage: Requesting and negotiating prices and evaluating the remaining margin for negotiation in order to validate and secure the prices of materials, components and services for which you are responsible
- During the project implementation stage - Negotiating and purchasing, within the required time-leads and quality, at the best total cost, simple and complex materials, parts and services, by establishing a comparison table of bids enabling the purchasing decision. Ensure the delivery of equipment and services orders, with the support of Expeditors.
- On a permanent basis: Looking for new suppliers, including evaluating them in collaboration with the users and the QA/QC service. Establishing buying strategies for the most critical segments of your portfolio and deploy them, integrating market and needs evolutions. Providing the sourcing service, unit price estimates or the means to calculate the budget prices for the materials, components and services for which you are responsible. Negotiating and concluding framework contracts/partnerships regarding some products or services, within the scope of the CMI Group's purchasing strategy/policy.
- Master level, with a technical or commercial orientation (high affinity for technical products required)
- Proven experience in the area of purchasing and negotiation (knowledge of our activities constitutes) an additional asset
- Irreproachably honest and ethical
- Excellent communicator (internal and external)
- Real contributor, with a strong team spirit, to work in close cooperation with the project managers
- Mastering oral and written English - able to carry out a negotiation in English
- Thoroughly conversant with MS Office, you have a good knowledge of systems of the SAP type (drawing up purchase orders, validation of the phases of approval and billing)
- Willing to travel (25%) throughout the world.